No matter whether you prefer hunting or fishing, the U.S. has some of the best hunting in the world. We’re blessed with a diverse landscape of mountains, forests, deserts, lakes, rivers and beyond.
Whether you’re hunting with a crossbow, rifle or up to your knees in water with a rod, finding the perfect spot is a hunt on its own. Luckily, we’ve got the top locations in the beautiful United States of America for hunting and fishing.
- Deer ol’ Kentucky. When it comes to whitetail hunting, look no further than Kentucky. With long hunting seasons, hunter friendly regulations and lots of public land, the potential to land a trophy whitetail is high. You won’t just find deer in these open fields though. For larger game, elk and bear hunting opportunities are available. If you prefer smaller game, Kentucky is home to rabbits and quail with migratory birds, such as ducks, geese and sandhill cranes, flying through too.
- Catch a cod in Cape Cod. For saltwater fishers, Cape Cod, Massachusetts is where you’ll want to bait your hook. Maybe you’ve seen Wicked Tuna on National Geographic Channel, but for those who have not, you may end up with giant Bluefin, striped bass, or bluefish on your line. Or you can head offshore for some bottom fishing in hopes of catching sea bass or cod.
- Take aim at Honobia Creek. With a 5 month long hunting season, Oklahoma has an excellent mix of game for every hunter. Oklahoma has over a million acres of WMAs, so no matter which you choose, you’ll have plenty of game. However, for the most variety of game head over to Honobia Creek to set your sight on deer, bear, turkey and duck.
- Visit the wild Wisconsin. The Boone and Crockett Club recently named Wisconsin the top state for whitetail hunting. Who can blame them, with 589 B&C entries in the last few years? Whitetails aren’t the only game to look forward to hunting, though. Wisconsin is also home to bears, deer, and grouse, as well as excellent bass fishing.
- Cast your line in Rapid City. Pack your rifle and your rod for your hunting trip to Rapid City, South Dakota. With mountain lakes and streams plus prairies and mountains, Rapid City is the gateway to the Black Hills. Anglers can hope to catch rainbow trout, largemouths, pike, and more. If you prefer hunting to fishing, get your rifle ready for pronghorns, coyotes, whitetails, mule deer, elk and turkey.
Whether you’re an expert or a first timer, finding the perfect spot is an art. Test your luck hunting or fishing at any of these top hunting and fishing spots in the USA. If you’re ready to hunt lucky, we recommend packing one of Black Clover’s hunting hats with your rifle or rod. Shop now to save 10% on your lucky hunting hat.